Sunday, August 9, 2009

Box

Last night, I was thinking about my pre-child days. I knew I worked in a box all day long but didn't realize how much of my life was actually spent in a box. I live in a box, I would drive to work in a bow, park in a parking garage (box), ride up the elevator (box), sit in my cubicle and stare at a box. I would go back to my home box the same way and either stare at my computer box or my tv box. Finally, I would go sleep on a box. I didn't spend ALL my life in a box, but this was the "normal" day.

What is with our love for boxes?

Now that I have a toddler, I don't know if all that much has even changed. She wants me to get out, go to parks, go for walks and play outside but usually I resist. It's not quite as bad as when I worked, but I'm getting the feeling that I must like the comfort of a box. Sometimes, I'll go outside and bring my laptop (box) and be perfectly happy like I've ventured out of my comfort zone or something. It seems like somethings wrong with this, but I don't know. Do I need to spend more time outside or should I just do what makes me comfortable?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Great post Summer!! You could always come to Lake Powell with us and get out of the box for a week.